Thu, Apr 07|
Crisis Pregnancy Centers: Barriers to Repro Health, Rights, and Justice
Join us on World Health Day 2022 for an important discussion about how anti-abortion crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) threaten reproductive justice and public health in the US.
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) are known for misleading and manipulating pregnant people when it comes to their decisions about abortion. But did you know that CPCs are increasingly advertising sexual health services like testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), while often failing to follow clinical guidelines? Tune in to learn more about how CPCs are putting the sexual and reproductive health of marginalized communities at risk and find out how you can help combat this growing problem.
- Dázon Dixon Diallo: Founder and President of SisterLove, Inc.
- Aimee Registe, Esq.: Policy and Advocacy Program Manager at SisterLove, Inc.
- Andrea Swartzendruber, PhD, MPH: Associate Professor in the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department in the College of Public Health at the University of Georgia and Co-Founder of CPC Map
- Danielle Lambert, PhD, MPH: Assistant Professor in the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department in the College of Public Health at the University of Georgia and Co-Founder of CPC Map
- Angel Kai: Abortion Storyteller with We Testify
- Maleeha Aziz: Community Organizer at Texas Equal Access Fund (TEA Fund) and Abortion Storyteller with We Testify
- Garnet Henderson: Host and Producer of ACCESS: A Podcast About Abortion
- Lisa Battisfore: Founder and President of Reproductive Transparency Now
This is an online event:
- World Health Day | Thursday, April 7th, 2022
- 7:30-9:00pm EDT / 6:30-8:00pm CDT
- Register on Eventbrite for a link to the live webinar (Click Here)