Mon, Jan 23|
ICAN! presents: Expanded Medicaid Coverage for Family Planning
Time & Location
Jan 23, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CST
About the Event
Join ICAN! and IPHCA for a one-hour webinar on Illinois' new Family Planning State Plan Amendment (SPA). This expanded Medicaid coverage was created to help ensure that every person can decide, if, when, and under what circumstances to be pregnant and parent. This partial benefits program will be administered by Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) and will provide individuals not otherwise eligible for or enrolled in full Medicaid or other state-funded medical coverage with family planning and related services for zero out-of-pocket cost including:
- Counseling and screening for contraception, including basic infertility care.
- All FDA-approved birth control methods, including barrier methods, emergency contraception, and permanent methods such as vasectomy or tubal ligation.
- STI screening, treatment, and management.
- HIV testing and prevention, including PrEP and PEP.
- Cervical cancer screenings including management of abnormal results.
- Breast cancer screening including mammogram, ultrasound, and BRCA testing.
- Reproductive-related vaccines such as HPV and the Hepatitis A/B vaccine.
- Testing and treatment of genitourinary concerns.
- Abortion care services.
Join us Monday, January 23rd for an overview of Family Planning State Plan Amendment eligibility requirements, covered benefits, and enrollment information, including for immediate coverage via Family Planning Presumptive Eligibility (FPPE).